Pages

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Letter

So, I was rummaging through a drawer looking for something yesterday when i found a letter my gran had written me about 10 years ago. It was after I'd let her read a dissertation I'd written for English class. I dont know why she felt compelled to write me a letter, but I'm so glad she did. It's weird...reading the letter makes more sense now than it did back then. It was almost like a communication beyond the grave...she said in it how no goal should ever be unattainable and that i would never go wrong in life, for a small voice inside would always keep me on the right path and to remember that i would always be surrounded by people who love me.

I burst out crying. I'd been thinking about her just earlier in the day and feeling sad. It's weird,the letter almost had tones of a farewell...although i dont believe we ever truly lose loved ones. I'm not religious in the conventional sense but i truly believe in the continuity of life. to me, it just makes sense. it's more than a belief, more of a knowing.

I'll treasure that letter forever.

No comments: